Monday 23 April 2012

Geeky snaps and Rhubarb Cupcakes

The weekends whizz by far too quickly for my liking! Its gone already! 


Loving these pics of the babes wearing my glasses (that make me look like I should have a fake nose and mustache attached to them!):

 


Apart from taking geeky instagram pics of the children, I made rhubarb cupcakes with our rhubarb from the garden. A proud moment indeed - I have been trying to grow rhubarb unsuccessfully for ages - and now its in full flourish! 


I used this lovely recipe on Sugar and Spice and all things Iced and I just changed the way I made the rhubarb purée (details below) and they turned out just deliciously!

Rhubarb Purée:

2 cups chopped raw rhubarb
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
3 tablespoons water

Simmer all ingredients in a pan until the rhubarb has softened to a purée. This takes around 5 minutes. Allow to cool before adding to the recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment